Recipe: Tasty One pot Roast Chicken and Rice
One pot Roast Chicken and Rice. One pot Roast Chicken and Rice A different twist on a Roast!! Incredibly easy cooks in half the time, cooking the rice in all the amazing juices from the chicken, stock and wine! Place the chicken over the rice + veggies and then evenly place pats of butter atop the rice and chicken.
This One Pot Chinese Chicken and Rice starts off with a simple Asian chicken marinade that doubles as the sauce to flavour the rice. The Sauce-Marinade is made with just soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine (see recipe for subs), Oyster Sauce and pepper. Oven Baked Chicken and Rice is a family friendly and healthy easy one pot meal made in the oven with just a few ingredients in just an hour. You can cook One pot Roast Chicken and Rice using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One pot Roast Chicken and Rice
- Prepare 1 of large free range chicken.
- Prepare 4 of shallots diced.
- Prepare 1 of leek sliced.
- Prepare 1 packet of smoked bacon lardons.
- It's 4 cloves of garlic diced.
- It's 4 of carrots chopped.
- It's 2 of bay leaves.
- It's Sprig of rosemary.
- You need 500 ml of good quality stock.
- It's 200 ml of white wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It's of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 250 grams of long grain rice.
Baked Chicken is an easy dinner option for us, we have so many on the site including our super popular Baked Chicken Brown Rice Vegetable Casserole which is just like this dish except with brown rice and added vegetables! Try these other easy one pot recipes like One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken and Asparagus , One Pan Mediterranean Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce , and Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet. GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE. Nothing beats this one pot, comforting and easy chicken thigh recipe when it comes to convenience and comfort.
One pot Roast Chicken and Rice instructions
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Take a oven proof/ hob pot with a lid, drizzle in the oil and heat it, brown the whole chicken. Then lift out..
- Whilst it’s browsing prep the veggies..
- Now throw in the, bacon and veggies into the pot letting them soften. Stir well..
- Next add the chicken put on top of the veggies. Sprinkling on the paprika and salt and pepper. Add stock and wine, dunk in the herbs. Cook in the oven with its lid on for approximately 50 mins until cooked right the way through! It boils and steams the chicken so cooks in quicker time!.
- Lift out the chicken wrap it with foil to keep it warm. Pour the rice into the pot and stir well through the liquid..
- Place back on the lid and cook the rice for approximately 20 minutes until soft and all the juices have been absorbed..
- Serve as it is or with additional veggies!.
It's how we do dinners that include the main entree and its side dish, all in just one pan. So easy, yet packed with so much flavor and textures. This oven baked Chicken and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the world! The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour. Place chicken thighs, skin side up, over rice.