Recipe: Tasty Lemon and Herb Pot Roast Chicken
Lemon and Herb Pot Roast Chicken. Home » Chicken & Poultry » Creamy Lemon and Herb Pot Roasted Chicken. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details.
So amazingly juicy with crispy skin! This roast chicken is foolproof and fantastic. Plus, it's versatile enough for a weeknight dinner or weekend dinner party. You can cook Lemon and Herb Pot Roast Chicken using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon and Herb Pot Roast Chicken
- It's 1 of Whole Chicken.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- It's 1 of Green pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of Lemon and herb sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Crushed garlic and ginger.
- It's 1 teaspoon of chicken spice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It's 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
The chicken will be juicy and tender. Filling the cavity with lemon slices and herbs with bring added flavor. The skin won't be browned and crusty as if roasted in the oven, but you're not eating the skin anyway, right. How to Roast a Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary - How to Truss a Chicken.
Lemon and Herb Pot Roast Chicken instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon and herb sauce, lemon juice, garlic and ginger, chicken spice, salt and pepper, olive oil, mix well to make a marinade..
- Add the chicken and rub the marinade in and outside the chicken, making sure the chicken is all covered with marinade sauce. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour, or more if you like..
- Place in a large pot and cook over medium heat. Turning frequently. Add chopped vegetables and cook further, turning until chicken is tender and golden brown..
This classic and straightforward lemon and herb roast chicken makes an ideal low-fat Sunday lunch or holiday meal. No butter here, just a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice to brush over the bird before roasting. Remember to remove the skin before eating to keep this meal low fat. Rinse the chicken with cool water, inside and out, then pat it dry with paper towels. Season the cavity with salt and pepper, and then stuff the lemon, garlic, and herbs inside.