How to Make Tasty Bacon Chicken Carbonara
Bacon Chicken Carbonara. This Chicken Carbonara recipe from Delish.com is the bomb. Any time you combine bacon, chicken & mushrooms into a dish, you will have a hard time sharing and not eating it all yourself! Sauteed chicken, shrimp and bacon smothered in the most delicious homemade carbonara sauce served with pasta.
Carbonara is the name of an Italian pasta dish made with a sauce of eggs, cheese and cooked bacon. If adding chicken, it too gets cooked in the same pan with the bacon fat. This chicken carbonara penne pasta blends just a few simple ingredients to create a wonderful one-bowl meal. You can have Bacon Chicken Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Chicken Carbonara
- You need 1 lb of angel hair pasta or spaghetti.
- It's 4 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 lb of bacon cut into pieces.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked chicken chopped.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 4 of Green onions sliced.
Add diced chicken, bacon and garlic mixture, and ½ cup of peas to the pasta. Chicken and mushroom carbonara is ready and on the table in half an hour which makes it the perfect midweek meal for a hungry family. Cook up Knorr's delicious Smokehouse Bacon Chicken Carbonara made with a few simple ingredients. A recipe that's quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
Bacon Chicken Carbonara step by step
- Boil pasta according to package direction in heavily salted water. In the meantime, crisp bacon in another pot and drain on paper towels. Drain bacon grease reserving a tablespoon or so in the pot..
- Crack 4 eggs in a bowl with Parmesan cheese salt and pepper and whisk to combine..
- When pasta is done drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Add pasta to the pot and stir in the egg mixture vigorously for 3-4 minutes. Add bacon, chicken, and green onions and combine. Add the hot pasta water as needed to cream the mixture..
- Add extra parm and enjoy! I serve it with crusty garlic bread and a fresh green salad..
Chicken and shrimp carbonara features linguine, bacon, and the signature Parmesan sauce thickened with egg yolks as popularized by that Italian-American chain restaurant. A twist on the classic, chicken carbonara makes a wonderful mid-week dinner. This is a really easy carbonara pasta that uses chicken and bacon. We eat it mid-week when time and energy are a bit short. Transfer cooked bacon to paper towel.