How to Cook Delicious Chicken & Mushroom Gratin
Chicken & Mushroom Gratin. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! Get dinner on the table with delicious, easy-to-prepare chicken recipes from Food Network, including grilled, baked and roast chicken.
Chicken recipes are a family-favorite any time of year. Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. Chicken piccata is usually made using sliced chicken breasts, but we find chicken "thigh-ccata" to be even more richly savory and flavorful. You can cook Chicken & Mushroom Gratin using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken & Mushroom Gratin
- You need 4 of chicken breasts , boneless & skinless.
- You need 4 Cups of button mushrooms , chopped.
- It's 1 of white onion , diced.
- You need 4 Cloves of garlic , chopped fine.
- Prepare 2 of butter stick.
- You need 1/2 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of oregano dried.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of basil dried.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of rosemary dried.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of cream thick.
- It's 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 3 Cups of milk.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of cinnamon , ground.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of nutmeg , grated.
- It's 1/4 Cup of parmesan cheese , grated.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of gruyere cheese , grated.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper , ground.
This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. Serve these chicken thighs with all of the delicious lemon-caper sauce over angel hair pasta. These buffalo chicken enchiladas—filled with tender rotisserie chicken, lots of cheese and, of course, Buffalo sauce—are a crave-worthy, easy and delicious meal. The entire family will ask for them again and again. —Becky Hardin, St.
Chicken & Mushroom Gratin instructions
- Melt one stick of butter in a pan..
- Add the garlic and diced onion and saute well..
- When the onion is translucent, add the chicken bouillon cube and ground cinnamon to it. stir well to distribute the seasoning evenly..
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook on medium heat till the mushrooms start releasing their juices ans shrink in size..
- Add the chicken breasts (cleaned and cut into medium size chunks) and saute on high heat. the chicken pieces should just turn opaque (be careful not to overcook them because they will continue to cook in the oven)..
- Add the oregano, basil and rosemary. mix well..
- Add the worcestershire sauce and cream, stir well to combine and take it off the flame..
- Next, melt the remaining stick of butter in a non-stick saucepan..
- Add the flour and cook it off till the raw smell of the flour goes and the mixture looks foamy..
- Add the milk in a thin but steady stream and keep whisking (like your life depends on it) to combine. the better you whisk, the lesser lumps you end up with in your sauce..
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. take it off the stove..
- Place the chicken and mushrooms in a heat-proof dish (i used pyrex). top it with the sauce and grated cheese..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 20 minutes (till the cheese is melted and forms a golden crust on top)..
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for about 5 minutes..
- Serve with crusty french bread and a salad..
Chicken Tetrazzini combines cooked vermicelli, chicken, and mushrooms with a rich sherry-Parmesan cheese sauce. The mixture is sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly and golden. This is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Parmesan is full of flavor, so a little goes a long way. Chicken thighs make an easy and inexpensive dinner.