Easiest Way to Make Delicious Carbonara Pasta
Carbonara Pasta. Discover Our Flavorful Sauces For A Fresh & Delicious Meal. Great Pasta Starts with Great Ingredients. Learn About Delicious Buitoni® Pasta Today.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and Parmesan until combined. Luscious and wonderfully indulgent, pasta carbonara takes as long to make as it does to cook the pasta. You can cook Carbonara Pasta using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carbonara Pasta
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin oil or unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of pancetta/thick cut bacon/chicken ham. Diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- You need 3-4 of whole eggs.
- You need 5 pcs of white button mushroom.
- You need 1 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 pound of spaghetti pasta, cook as per instruction.
- You need to taste of Salt and black pepper.
The ingredients are simple—just spaghetti (or other long pasta), and the carbonara is made with pancetta or bacon, eggs, Parmesan, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. When the pasta is done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and place it in a bowl. While the pasta is still really hot, slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time.
Carbonara Pasta step by step
- Boil the water to cook the pasta.. Add generous salt inside the water.
- While the water is coming to boil, heat some oil in the pan over medium heat, add bacon/pancetta and cook until crispy. Add garlic and mushroom, continue cooking for another few minutes. Turn off the heat and move it into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and mix in about half of the cheese..
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the dry pasta, and cook, uncovered, at a rolling boil until al dente (a little firm, not mushy).
- Use tongs to move it to the bowl with the bacon, mushroom and garlic. Let it be dripping wet. Reserve some of the pasta water..
- Do it quickly, as you want the pasta to be hot. It's the heat of the pasta that will heat the eggs sufficiently to create a creamy sauce. Toss everything to combine, allowing the pasta to cool just enough so that it doesn't make the eggs curdle when you mix them in..
- Add the beaten eggs with cheese and toss quickly to combine once more. Add salt to taste. Add some pasta water back to the pasta to keep it from drying out..
- Mix in the rest of the parmesan and freshly ground black pepper. Add freshly chopped parsley too :) Serve with creamy mushroom soup and salad as side dish 😉😋🤤.
The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta, reserving pasta water; keep pasta warm. In same pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally.