Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Quick Shepherd's Pie
Quick Shepherd's Pie. A very delicious and quick Shepherd's Pie recipe. I used my own frozen corn and peas and added fresh carrots, diced. Will make this recipe again. gunslinger.
This is a quick and easy casserole I made up. It's great for people on the go. This quick easy Shepherds Pie recipe is one of my favorite easy one pot recipes. You can have Quick Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Shepherd's Pie
- It's 3 of Potatoes (big).
- It's 500 grams of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 100 grams of Peas.
- It's 2 of Tomatoes (medium).
- It's 3 of sliced cheese.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 6 of Garlic Cloves (diced).
- It's 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 6 of Pepper Cloves (diced).
- It's 50 of Butter.
I was looking for a quick & easy Shepherd's Pie recipe and took a shot at this one. It's surprisingly good for such simple ingredients but won't fool a real home-cook ;) I sauteed a chopped onion with the beef and seasoned with salt & pepper while cooking. That being said, I love me a good "cheat" meal like this Easy Shepherd's Pie. Add a side salad and you're good to go!
Quick Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling).
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt).
- Boil peas.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas..
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside..
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours).
- Mash the potatoes with some butter.
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter.
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices..
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown..
Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen creating a gourmet meal when in reality, you spent very little time whipping it up. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy! Plus, this savory, comfort food classic is easy […] This isn't the traditional Shepherd's Pie with lamb, but a quick and easy version my family loves. This is a handy, quick dinner casserole!.