Recipe: Perfect Moist Chocolate Cake
Moist Chocolate Cake. The best chocolate cake and icing ever! Moist and delicious, reminiscent of Sara Lee cakes, of days gone by. Icing is perfection, just sweet enough and super creamy, similar to seven minute frosting and easier, goodbye buttercream icing.
There's a reason I call it the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe: it's so good restaurants have asked me to start making it for them!. This is the kind of chocolate cake everyone should have in their recipe collection. I've also made it as Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting and as Caramallow Cupcakes - chocolate cupcakes filled with creamy caramel and topped with deliciously sticky marshmallow frosting. You can have Moist Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- It's 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of buttermilk.
- You need 1.5 cups of warm water.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's of vanilla extract.
That frosting, also known as seven-minute frosting, was the way we enjoyed chocolate cake most often when I was a kid and is still. This chocolate cake is the most IN DEMAND request at family functions. It's fast, easy, egg-free, and most importantly - delicious! (The frosting is courtesy of Betty Crocker). Note: If making a layer cake, please double the recipe.
Moist Chocolate Cake step by step
- Pre-heat oven 180 degC..
- Mix well all dry ingredients; flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder then add eggs, buttermilk, water, oil and vanilla. Whisk on medium speed until well combined..
- Bake in a 180 degC for about 20 minutes..
- Let it cool completely then decorate cupcakes & cake as you wish. Enjoy!.
A rich moist chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream icing. This is the best cake in the world! There are plenty of claims for the best chocolate cake recipe. But with one bite of this decadent, moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, every single person around the table commented that this was the best chocolate cake they'd ever tasted. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine.