Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Homemade Chocolate Cake by Love, Life, Sugar
Homemade Chocolate Cake by Love, Life, Sugar. This moist homemade chocolate cake is made completely from scratch and has incredible chocolate flavor. There's a reason I call it the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe: it's so good restaurants have asked me to start making it for them!. This is the kind of chocolate cake everyone should have in their recipe collection.
This Blueberry Crumble Layer Cake is made with layers of cinnamon brown sugar cake, blueberry filling, frosting and a brown sugar crumble!. This German Chocolate Cake recipe is a classic! Scatter the remaining chocolate-chips over, allow to melt. You can have Homemade Chocolate Cake by Love, Life, Sugar using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chocolate Cake by Love, Life, Sugar
- You need of Chocolate Cake.
- It's 2 (360 g) of cups flour, 2 cups sugar.
- It's 3/4 cup (85 g) of natural unsweetened cocoa powder 2 tsp baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt 2 large eggs 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 cup (240 ml) of vegetable oil 1 1/2 tsp vanilla 1 cup (240ml) hot.
- Prepare of Chocolate Frosting.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups (280 g) of butter 1 1/4 cups (237g) shortenings.
- You need 9 cups (1035 g) of powdered sugar 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup (114 g) of natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 4 of –5 tbsp (60-75ml) water/milk.
- Prepare of Chocolate Ganache.
- You need 6 oz (1 cup) of | 169g) semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It's 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It's of Sprinkles.
Run a spatula over to spread. When your cake is ready to go, you'll make the chocolate buttercream. It's a simple combination of butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, some water or cream, and some salt. Once combined, you've got the perfect chocolate buttercream and it pairs perfectly with this yellow cake.
Homemade Chocolate Cake by Love, Life, Sugar instructions
- 1. Prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom, and grease the sides. Preheat oven to 300°F (148°C). 2. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. 3. Add eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix well. 4. Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture. Mix well. 5. Divide batter evenly between cakes pans and bake for 30-33 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. 6. Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool.
- 7. Make frosting while cakes cool. Beat together butter and shortening until smooth. 8. Slowly add 4 cups (460g) of powdered sugar and mix until smooth. 9. Add vanilla and half of the water or milk and mix until smooth. 10. Add another 5 cups (575g) of powdered sugar and mix until smooth. 11. Add cocoa and mix until smooth. 12. Add remaining water or milk until the frosting is the right consistency.
- 13. Once cakes are cool, remove cake domes from top with a large serrated knife. See my tips on how to level a cake and how to stack a cake. 14. Place first layer of cake on cake plate. Spread about 1 cup of frosting on top in an even layer. 15. Add second layer of cake and add another cup of frosting on top in an even layer. 16. Add final layer of cake on top and frost the outside of the cake. Feel free to use my tutorial for frosting a smooth cake.
- 17. To make the chocolate ganache, add the chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl (see my tips on making chocolate ganache). 18. Heat the heavy whipping cream just until it begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk until smooth. 19. Drizzle the chocolate ganache around the edge of the cake, then pour the remainder of the ganache on top of the cake and spread evenly. I like to use a squeeze bottle for drizzling around the edges..
- 20. Allow the ganache to firm up a bit, then pipe the remainder of the frosting around the top edge of the cake and pipe a border around the bottom. I used Ateco tip 844. 21. Add a few sprinkles to the cake, if desired, then serve. Cake is best when well covered for 3-4 days..
Chocolate Mousse Cake with three layers of moist chocolate cake and two layers of smooth & creamy chocolate mousse - all covered in chocolate whipped cream! You'll love how it really does taste of chocolate even though it's only been made with cocoa powder (the secret is to add boiling water - it makes the. Easy recipes perfect for any occasion! The best dessert recipes for cheesecakes, cookies and cupcakes. Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.