Easiest Way to Make Perfect 2 layer chocolate cake
2 layer chocolate cake. Chop chocolate and place in a double boiler. Mix sugar and canola oil in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. This recipe's name has changed by TofH from Chocolate Layer Cake to Layered Cake (I wish TofH would stop changing names, as it makes it difficult to find and review recipes).
Top with the second cake layer, rounded side up. Flip the third cake layer over and rest it on the top to create a very flat top for the cake. Assembling the cake: Set one layer on a plate with the flat side facing up (or, if your cake rose too much, cut its rounded top with a knife to make it flat - totally optional). You can cook 2 layer chocolate cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 2 layer chocolate cake
- You need 1 3/4 c of flour.
- It's 2 c of sugar.
- You need 3/4 c of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 t of baking soda.
- You need 1 t of baking powder.
- You need 1 t of salt.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 8 oz of strong coffee.
- It's 1 c of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 c of oil or butter.
- Prepare 2 t of vanilla extract.
Top with the second cake layer, rounded side up. Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake. How to Make Chocolate Cake for Two. This cake (minus the frosting), is a one-bowl chocolate cake.
2 layer chocolate cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9" round spring form pans.
- Combine dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
- Combine wet ingredients and pour into well..
- Mix until combined. Will be thinner than normal cake batter..
- Split evenly into prepared pans. Bake 30 - 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean..
- Cover and cool 20 minutes in freezer..
- Remove from pans, place bottom down and add 1/3 of frosting on top, then place to layer..
- Use 1/3 remaining frosting to cover cake with thin layer. Let set for 30 minutes..
- Use remaining frosting to cover cake again..
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. We have the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and instant espresso powder. Pour in the buttermilk, warm water, eggs, olive oil and mix. A rich chocolate cake is balanced by a light vanilla buttercream and drizzled with a rich chocolate ganache. Parchment paper helps the small cakes seamlessly release from the pans.