Recipe: Perfect Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe. One of the best cake recipes your ever going to find. Been cooking cakes for over ten years this recipe is easy moist texture and elasticity is perfect for chocolate cake. The type of cocoa is crucial.
This easy recipe makes a rich and delicious cake that is perfectly tender and moist. Top it with the best ever Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, a drizzle of Easy Caramel Sauce or simply whipped cream and strawberries for the perfect dessert! Also, if you've ever wondered why some chocolate cake recipes (like this one) call for boiling water, it's because it helps bloom the cocoa powder, giving the cake a deeper chocolate flavor. You can cook Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Prepare 115 g of plain chocolate, chopped into Small pieces.
- It's 3 lt of milk.
- It's 150 g of unsalted butter or margarine, softened.
- You need 150 g of sugar.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 200 g of aising flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of cocoa Powder.
- You need of Icing sugar and cocoa powder, for dusting.
- Prepare 1 of quantity Chocolate Buttercream, for the filling.
For a softer cake, you can substitute cake flour for the all-purpose flour. This easy chocolate cake recipe is made from simple pantry ingredients and is great for the newbie cook. The cake is yummy rich chocolate goodness! It will be a go to recipe even for regular cupcakes and cakes.
Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Grease two 18 cm/7 in round sandwich cake tins and line the base of each with non-stick baking paper. Select a small saucepan and a heatproof bowl that will fit over it. Place the chocolate and the milk in the bowl. Bring a small saucepan of water to just blow simmering point. Place the bowl containing the chocolate mixture on top. Leave for about 5 minutes, until the chocolate softens, then stir until smooth..
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined..
- Sift the and coca over the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Scrape into the prepared tins, smooth level and bake for 35 -40 minutes or until well risen and firm. Turn out on to wire racks to cool..
- Sandwich the cake layers together with a thick, even layer of chocolate buttercream. Dust with a mixture of icing sugar and cocoa just before serving..
Next time I am going to try it with special dark chocolate, just for fun. I bet that will be amazing too! BTW if you click on the word fudgy chocolate glaze that is written in blue in the recipe, it takes you to the recipe for that glaze. Perfect for birthdays, this is a foolproof and really easy chocolate cake recipe. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine.