Recipe: Perfect Fudgy Healthy Chocolate Cake
Fudgy Healthy Chocolate Cake. Just the same as these Best Fudgy Cocoa Brownies, I wanted FUDGY, but being a cake, I wanted FLUFFY — and MOST OF ALL I wanted uncomplicated steps. Chocolate cake should be fudgy, not a dry crumb in sight. This recipe gives you three layers of the softest, most delicate chocolate sponge sandwiched together with chocolate buttercream.
The moist fudgy cake, the rich chocolate frosting…heaven on a plate. However, classic cakes are made with lots of butter and eggs—which isn't a bad thing, per se, but definitely makes this. Combine bittersweet chocolate and butter in a small microwavable bowl; cover with wax paper. You can cook Fudgy Healthy Chocolate Cake using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fudgy Healthy Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of For cake.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cocoa (preferably dark).
- It's 1 cup of jaggery powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It's 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hot coffee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need of For frosting.
- It's 230 ml of amul cream.
- Prepare 250 gm of chocolate.
Stir melted chocolate into squash until blended; beat in egg and egg whites by hand. Gently fold in flour mixture just until blended. This recipe takes a lot of effort, but it's well worth it. I always have requests for it and it won over my now husband.
Fudgy Healthy Chocolate Cake step by step
- Line a 8 inch round cake tin with parchment paper or coat with butter and flour. Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius..
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a bowl and mix..
- Mix eggs, buttermilk, jaggery, oil, coffee, vinegar and vanilla in a separate bowl. Mix until jaggery powder dissolves..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold slowly..
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean..
- For the frosting, heat up the cream on gas or microwave the pour it over the chocolate and let it sit for two minutes..
- Mix the cream and chocolate until a ganache is formed. Place that ganache in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the texture is thick but still soft..
- Take out the ganache and whip it with a hand mixer or a whisk until it becomes thick and light in color..
- Don't over beat as the cream might split from the ganache. Now frost your cake with this thick smooth ganache..
- Eat your cake :).
I've often used only the cake recipe and have used other simpler frosting to make into a peanut butter or chocolate candy cane cake as I don't always have luck with the frosting setting correctly (though people still compliment the flavor). In a bowl or processor, beat eggs and brown sugar until lightened in colour. Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Add the vanilla and maple syrup, ground almonds and melted chocolate, and pulse or mix. This Fudgy One Bowl Chocolate Cake has at various times been called "the best chocolate cake ever", "life changing chocolate cake", and also "holy f***** chocolate cake" by those who have tried it.