How to Cook Perfect Moist chocolate cake
Moist chocolate cake. The best chocolate cake and icing ever! Moist and delicious, reminiscent of Sara Lee cakes, of days gone by. Icing is perfection, just sweet enough and super creamy, similar to seven minute frosting and easier, goodbye buttercream icing.
There's a reason I call it the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe: it's so good restaurants have asked me to start making it for them!. This is the kind of chocolate cake everyone should have in their recipe collection. I've also made it as Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting and as Caramallow Cupcakes - chocolate cupcakes filled with creamy caramel and topped with deliciously sticky marshmallow frosting. You can cook Moist chocolate cake using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moist chocolate cake
- Prepare 200 g of all purpose flour.
- It's 40 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- It's 120 ml of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk/ plain yogurt.
- You need 3/4 cup of hot strong coffee.
- You need 8 of full tablespoons sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need of Frosting.
- It's 100 g of compound chocolate.
- It's 30 ml of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter/margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
That frosting, also known as seven-minute frosting, was the way we enjoyed chocolate cake most often when I was a kid and is still. This chocolate cake is the most IN DEMAND request at family functions. It's fast, easy, egg-free, and most importantly - delicious! (The frosting is courtesy of Betty Crocker). Note: If making a layer cake, please double the recipe.
Moist chocolate cake step by step
- Grease and flour your baking pan and set aside. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- In another bowl properly whisk the eggs, add the oil, vanilla essence and buttermilk and mix well.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients untill well combined then add in the boiling coffee to the mixture.
- Put the mixture in your baking pan and bake for around 40 minutes or until a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave your cake to cool completely as you melt your chocolate, add in the milk and butter until well combined.
- Remove from pan/double boiler and allow to cool a little. Add powdered sugar and whisk to form frosting.
- Frost your cooled cake and enjoy.
A rich moist chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream icing. This is the best cake in the world! There are plenty of claims for the best chocolate cake recipe. But with one bite of this decadent, moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, every single person around the table commented that this was the best chocolate cake they'd ever tasted. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine.