Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Dark Chocolate Cake!!
Dark Chocolate Cake!!. While it takes slightly longer to prepare this recipe than a box mix, the resulting moist, delicious cake makes it VERY worth the little extra time. I consider this 'perfect' chocolate cake. This cake is rich and very addictive.
My all-time favorite homemade cake to bake. So I know some of you think that homemade chocolate cakes can be dry, but I have found a trick to make your chocolate cake soft and spongy! Tender, moist homemade chocolate cake with the best smooth, rich, dark chocolate frosting. You can cook Dark Chocolate Cake!! using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Cake!!
- It's of dry ingredients.
- You need 3/4 cup of + 2 tbsp flour.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of instant coffe.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark cocoa (I used Hershey's special dark).
- Prepare of wet ingredients.
- It's 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiling water.
Being in the stage of life that we are- with two little toddlers and a newborn baby- I think it's safe to say Jeff and I will be staying in this year. Place first layer of cake on cake plate. Spread about ½ cup of frosting on top in an even layer. Add second layer of cake and add frosting on top in an even layer.
Dark Chocolate Cake!! instructions
- *The BUTTERMILK and EGG most be at room temperature.* First in a large mixing bowl sift all the dry ingredients together..
- Next add the wet ingredients but the boiling water, and mix well..
- When they are combined, add the boiling water and stir until all incorporated. It will be liquidy..
- Put the mixture in your favorite baking pan. Mine is a 8" pan. Bake 16-18 min. Or until done. 350°..
Add final layer of cake on top and frost the outside of the cake. Finish off with chocolate curls or other decoration, and set in a fridge for a few hours before serving. "Especially Dark" Chocolate Cake. Indulge your dark side with this doubly decadent HERSHEY'S Dark Chocolate Cake recipe topped with "especially dark" chocolate frosting. Bake in a cake pan for a full- size chocolate cake, or divide the batter up in a muffin tin for a cupcake variation. This super moist dark chocolate mousse cake combines unsweetened natural cocoa powder and dark cocoa powder for an extra rich flavor.