Recipe: Perfect Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake
Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake. Learn how to make a Harry Potter birthday cake with homemade recipes and instructional tutorials to make these easy Harry Potter cake decorations for girls and boys in their favorite House colors, characters, and other wizarding favorites from the book series and movies. Maltesers Chocolate Cake is so versatile that it will work with a theme for a child's birthday, Harry Potter, anniversary or adult birthday. Christina's Cucina An impassioned Italian Scot sharing how to cook authentically, and travel with enthusiasm.
I've been a Harry Potter fan from the beginning. I wouldn't go as far as calling myself a super-fan, because there are some seriously hardcore fans out there. When we first started chatting about her Harry Potter cake, all the Harry Potter cake decorations I found involved so much black frosting. You can have Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of espresso powder.
- You need 1 cup of milk, buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable, canola oil, or melted coconut oil.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe.
We try to avoid dark colored cakes because I think that black food gel tends to leave an aftertaste. I prefer to use it as an accent rather than a heavy-handed all over frosting. This is a vegan and gluten-free chocolate cake, with coffee buttercream, a caramel core, frosted in vanilla buttercream. See more ideas about Harry potter cake, Harry potter, Potter.
Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring..
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well..
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined..
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely..
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting..
If you have a Hogwarts fan in the house, you'll be familiar with some of the magical Harry Potter food the students enjoy at Hogwarts. Choose your favorite cake flavor, fillings, frosting, and theme for a custom-decorated cake. Or, try one of our Special Edition cakes with inspired flavors like Creamy Cookies or our featured cake of the month. We'll design and decorate your cake exactly the way you want, with whipped cream or handmade buttercream icing. To start building your cake - search for a participating DQ® location near you!