Recipe: Appetizing Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee
Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee. Flour: All-purpose flour is used in this cake. Cake flour would not be sturdy enough to hold this quantity of zucchini. Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder: This cake is made with natural cocoa powder, not Dutch processed.
Spread a thin layer of caramel. Follow with the Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting. Add the other layer and repeat. You can cook Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Hershey's cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1 cup of buttermilk - shaken.
- It's 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of each extra large eggs- room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp of black vanilla extract.
- It's 2 lb of cream cheese at room temperature.
- It's 1 cup of Freshly brewed hot coffee.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Hershey's cocoa powder.
- It's 1/2 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 lb of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1 cup of toffee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Vanilla.
Top with the last layer and frost the cake as desired. *We used additional crushed pecans mixed with toffee bits to press around the base of the cake. Chocolate Toffee Cake is loaded with dark chocolate flavor, smooth cream cheese frosting, and studded with little toffee bits. Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Beat in the sugar and cocoa powder powder until combined.
Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Butter 2- 8 inch cake pans. Line pans with parchment or wax paper. Mix 1 tbsp of flour with 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and lightly dust the pans..
- Put all dry ingredients in electric mixer bowl with whip attachment and sift on low speed till blended. Scrape bowl..
- In separate bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix well. On low speed add the wet ingredients to the dry. Add the coffee until just blended..
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 35 - 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack..
- Chocolate cream cheese icing.
- Place cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl with paddle attachment on low speed till blended. Slowly add confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder a little at a time. Increase speed and whip until fluffy..
- Place one layer on a cake pedestal. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cake. Dust with crystallized toffee. Top with the next layer. Spread frosting evenly. Dust with toffee crystals. *A coarse seive may be used for dusting..
I like to keep the cake in the fridge because of the cream cheese frosting - plus we love cold cake. Frost entire tops and outsides of cake with cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle tops of cake with remaining toffee and almonds, and garnish with chocolate curls. This Toffee Pecan Caramel Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting is every bit as delicious as it sounds. It has become an instant family favorite!